Harvest Hosting is a unique and exciting membership program that connects travelers with hosts who offer free overnight stays on their farms, vineyards, and other agricultural establishments. This one-of-a-kind experience allows travel trailer owners to immerse themselves in the beauty of rural areas, experience life on a farm, and enjoy the tranquility of nature. If you’re a travel trailer owner looking to embark on this adventure, here is a comprehensive guide to help you make the most of your Harvest Hosting experience.
1. Become a Member: The first step towards enjoying Harvest Hosting is to become a member. Visit the Harvest Hosting website and sign up for an annual membership, which grants you access to a vast network of hosts throughout North America. The membership fee is well worth the cost considering the unique experiences and cost savings you’ll gain.
2. Plan Your Route: Once you’ve become a member, it’s time to plan your travel route. Harvest Hosting has over 2,000 hosts across the continent, so take the time to browse through the available locations and choose the ones that align with your interests. Whether you prefer farms, vineyards, or orchards, there is something for everyone.
3. Contact Your Hosts: After selecting your desired locations, reach out to the hosts to make reservations. Harvest Hosting provides contact information for each host, making it easy to establish communication. It’s recommended to contact hosts at least a week in advance to secure your spot.
4. Be Respectful: When staying at a Harvest Hosting location, it’s crucial to be respectful towards your hosts and their property. Follow any guidelines or rules provided by the host, and treat the location as if it were your own. Remember, you’re a guest on their property, so be mindful of their privacy and property boundaries.
5. Offer Support: One of the key principles of Harvest Hosting is supporting local agriculture. Show your appreciation by purchasing products directly from your hosts, such as fresh produce, wine, or other farm products. This not only supports the host but also allows you to experience the local flavors and specialties of the region you’re visiting.
6. Embrace the Experience: While staying at Harvest Hosting locations, take the time to fully embrace the experience. Engage with your hosts, ask questions, and learn about their way of life. Participate in farm activities if offered, such as picking fruits, feeding animals, or even helping with daily chores. This immersive experience will provide you with memories that will last a lifetime.
7. Leave No Trace: As a responsible traveler, it’s essential to leave the location as you found it. Clean up after yourself, dispose of trash properly, and respect the environment. Leaving no trace ensures that future travelers can enjoy the same experience you had.
8. Share Your Experience: Once you’ve completed your Harvest Hosting journey, consider sharing your experience with others. Leave reviews and recommendations on the Harvest Hosting website or on social media platforms. This helps other travelers make informed decisions and supports the hosts who provided you with an exceptional experience.
In conclusion, Harvest Hosting offers travel trailer owners a unique opportunity to explore rural areas, connect with nature, and experience the agricultural lifestyle firsthand. By becoming a member, planning your route, contacting hosts, being respectful, offering support, embracing the experience, leaving no trace, and sharing your experience, you can make the most of your Harvest Hosting adventure. So, pack your bags, hit the road, and get ready for an extraordinary journey!